In this article, I’ll talk about the best exercise equipment for seniors at home. We know that our health and body declines naturally as we grow old, but this declining process can be more rapid for physically unfit people. Aging should never be a valid excuse for not having a proper exercise routine.
Whether you are above 50 or 60, a proper workout routine and healthy eating will always keep you fit. It’s always important to stay functional and let our body organs perform accurately. We can accomplish this with only proper exercise.
I am not telling you to go to the gym and start lifting the weight. I know, as we age, our strength starts to decrease and the body becomes frailer. In the present time, that should not be an excuse because there is many exercise equipment on the market that are designed for older people.
Don’t you want to make your grandchildren jealous by maintaining a handsome shape even after 50 or 60? Of course, you do.
So, let me guide you through the best exercise equipment for seniors at home that will make this come true.
Best Home Exercise Equipment For Seniors
As you know there is a lot of exercise equipment available on the market, but most of them are mainly for young ones. When choosing an exercise equipment for the older person, you got to be more careful.
Below, I have chosen 10 exercise equipment for seniors that they can use at home. Even younger people can use these too. I researched for hours and found that these machines are proved to be the best for the seniors cause almost every senior are using this and they are super satisfied with these.
Let’s take a close look at them:
Best Exercise Equipment For Seniors Comparison in 2021:
- Best Home Exercise Equipment For Seniors
- Best Exercise Equipment For Seniors Comparison in 2021:
- 10 Best Exercise Equipment For Seniors Reviews
- 1. Cyclace Exercise Bike –(Best Indoor Cycling Bike for Seniors)
- 2. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike -(Best Recumbent Exercise Bike for Seniors)
- 3. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill (Best Treadmill for Seniors)
- 4. Cubii Pro – Seated Under-Desk Elliptical (Best Elliptical for Seniors)
- 5. Stamina ATS Air Rower Rowing Machine -(Best Rowing Machine for Seniors)
- 6. Confidence Fitness Slim Vibration Machine -(Best Vibration Exercise Machine)
- 7. CAP Barbell 150-Pound Dumbbell Set –(Best Home Dumbbell Set)
- 8. Vivora Luno Sitting Ball -(Best Exercise Ball Chair)
- 9. XMark Lat Pulldown and Low Row Cable Machine XM-7618 -(Best Cable Exercise Machine)
- 10. Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine Total Body Training Home Gym -(Best Home Gym for Seniors)
- Final Words:
10 Best Exercise Equipment For Seniors Reviews
So, to help you with this, we will provide you with the best 10 different exercise equipment. These exercise tools will help you preserve cognitive and physical functions as well as preventing injuries. If you want healthy aging, then you should always have regular physical activity, muscle-strengthening activity, and aerobic activity as part of your workout routine.
That said, let’s have a look at best exercise equipment for seniors reviews as well as pros and cons.
1. Cyclace Exercise Bike –(Best Indoor Cycling Bike for Seniors)
Cyclace Exercise Bike is a fully adjustable bike that comes with seat brackets and handle bar adjustments. This enables you to make tweaks on your exercise bike until you get the settings that suit your liking. Its design provides a smooth and powerful riding ability thanks to its 36 lbs flywheel. Aided with adjustable resistance, you can easily adjust this bike to suit your workout needs at any time. The 2019 modernized model comes with improved resistance.
This indoor spinning bike’s fully adjustable feature provides an added advantage to seniors who like exploring full exercise bike’s workout. It comes with a frame coated with multiple layers of paints that prevents it from worn outs and fading.Overall, it is a versatile, effective, and cost-effective exercise bike.
- Effective exercise bike. Cyclace Exercise Bike is one of the most effective exercise bikes due to its amazing results. It burns calories, strengthens your heart, helps build core muscles, and, more importantly, it reduces injuries. Its designs aim at fulfilling the needs of both professionals and beginners.
- It provides a comfortable workout.Seat cushion, LCD monitor, and phone holder are all included to improve its usability and convenience. The LCD console helps you track your speed, distance, time as well as calories burned while on a single workout. It also offers a smoother ride hence a quiet workout.
- Safe to use. This spinning bike is a belt-driven system equipped with 36 lbs flywheel and thickened steel triangular frame that can support up to 330lbs. These features provide a safe, stable, and quiet cycling.
- Personalized indoor spin bike.It contains a wheel that helps you move the bike safely and comfortably. It also has 2-way adjustable handlebars and an adjustable seat that with 5 and 8 settings, respectively.
- 12-month warranty.This spin bike comes with a 12-month warranty and, more importantly, an after sell service. The customer support team offers 100% substantial solutionsfor any problem within 18 hours.
- Easy to assemble and use
- Great for both beginners and professionals
- Robust construction
- It has a phone or a bottle holder.
- Fully adjustable spin bike
- Despite LCD being included, the console can only display one stat at a time.
2. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike -(Best Recumbent Exercise Bike for Seniors)
No products found.
This bike has a balanced flywheel and it is belt driven which means it offers a smooth and noiseless exercise. As it is quiet, you will be able to exercise at home whenever you want.
And here comes another affordable exercise equipment for seniors and the last one of this review, the Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike. There are a bunch of recumbent bikes available on the market but this Exerpeutic 900XL has the maximum positive real user feedback and highest rating. This recumbent bike is similar to the Stamina Air Rower Machine in a few ways.
People love this recumbent bike for three main reasons: durability, user-friendly design, and low price. This machine has a great design and highly functional features. It can hold weight up to 300 lbs. This recumbent bike is an excellent and effective way for lower body workout.
Let’s look at the features it offers:
- This bike has a balanced flywheel and it is belt driven which means it offers a smooth and noiseless exercise. As it is quiet, you will be able to exercise at home whenever you want.
- With this bike, you can exercise in higher intensity. It has a magnetic resistance which comes with 8 resistance level. So, you can choose any resistance level that you are comfortable with and slowly work your way up.
- This bike can hold on to a maximum weight of 300 lbs. The weight capacity is simply outstanding.
- If the seat is uncomfortable, it will kill your interest in exercise because an uncomfortable seat will irritate your back. But that’s not the case with Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike. This bike seat is extra cushion padded which will give you optimum comfort during exercise.
- This Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike also comes with a comfortable backrest.
- You’ll get a LED display with this bike that shows the heart rate, distance, speed, time and calories burned.
- The bike comes with a pair of large pedals where any shoe size will fit. Plus, it has a toe strap in order to keep your foot in place during exercise.
- Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike comes with wheels on the base. So, moving it from place to place is very easy.
- Affordable price
- Wheels on the base
- Large pedal and toe strap
- Noiseless operation
- Durable and stable
- LCD Display
- Requires high maintenance
The Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike is an awesome exercise equipment for both seniors and young people. Like the Stamina rower machine, this one also offers a lot of features at a low price range. The only drawback of this machine is it requires high maintenance which can cost you some buck. If you are okay with that, this one will be a top-notch exercise equipment for you no matter how old you are.
No products found.
3. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill (Best Treadmill for Seniors)
Merax Electric Folding Treadmill is a compact footprint, fast folding, and convenienttreadmill. It comes with a Multi-functional display with speakers, thus making it easy to track your performance. For seniors, a day at work takes much of their time; hence no time for exercising, thus adorning your home with this equipment, is essential.
It is easy to use due to quick buttons on its handles, and it also comes with a multi-functional LCD console.Its features provide you with an effective way to exercise at the comfort of your home.These features include:
Quick interesting features:
- Non-slip high-density lawn texture belt. This treadmill comes with this feature preinstalledto enhance maximum safety by preventing slip and absorbing shock.
- Quick buttons on handles. This button ensures a high level of convenience. You can be able to instantly start or stop a running treadmill, or change the speed, etc.
- Features a 1.5HP motor.The outstanding feature about the Merax treadmill is its strong 1.5HP motor. It is a smooth and quiet operating motor that ensures you meet your variety of fitness goals. It allows 12 preset programs and 3 count-down modes with varies support speed (from 0.8km/h – 12km/h or 0.5mph to 7.5mph).
- Multi-functional monitor with speakers. To make your workout supers easy, this treadmill comes with an LCD system that can allow you to track your fitness goals. You can track your speed, distance, time, and, more importantly, calories burnt.
- Transport wheel. This may seem like a lame feature, but trust me, it very important. Wheels will help you transport or move your treadmill with ease with less risk of dropping and breaking it.
- Folding feature. This is another prominent feature that allows you to save space. You can wrap your treadmill and store it in your living room, study, or any other place.
- Despite being small, it is a sturdy treadmill
- Offers quite workout operation
- Comes with a wheel that makes it easy to move
- It can be folded thus saving space
- It comes with great Preset programs that provide mores interactive exercises
- It is comfortable to work on it
- Its handlebars aren’t adjustable thus limiting flexibility
- It has a maximum speed of 10 mph and tends to be shaky at speed that is over 6 mph
- It doesn’t offer an option to pause your workout; it is either on or off
4. Cubii Pro – Seated Under-Desk Elliptical (Best Elliptical for Seniors)
If you don’t want to stress up your joints, then you should go for Cubii Pro Seated Under-Desk Elliptical. With this exercise equipment, you can work out while you sit and without stressing your joints. It is low impact equipment, thus making it the best exercise equipment for seniors at home or office.It features an ultra-smooth gearing that makes deliver low impact exercise.
With Cubii Pro, you can easily engage both your leg muscles and core while exercising. So, get fit today by using Cubii Pro that is almost silent exercise equipment with adjustable resistance. It can also sync with Fitbit and Apple HealthKit to improve is usability and benefits. It is available in both Noir and Chrome colors. Here are some of its exciting features.
Quick interesting features:
- Ideal home & office exerciser. Cubii’s optimizable system makes it suitable for it to be used even in the lower desk, unlike stand elliptical. You can either adjust to low or high step patterns.It is a compact design, thus saving space making your home or office clutter-free.
- Track your fitness goals.Cubii Pro allows you to tracks your fitness goals through your smartphone, iPhone, Fitbit, and Apple Health Kit. You can track steps, distance, and calories burnt while using it.
- Features an Ultra-smooth gearing. This feature helps in providing low impact home workout for seniors.
- Under-Desk elliptical. This is another essential feature that can help you get fit while you sit. If you are in the rehab process after an injury and you will like to keep fit, then this is ideal home equipment for you use while working.
- Less noise. Cubii Pro is near-silent equipment that you can use at home or office. This whisper-quiet seated stepper can be used without disturbing your colloquies.
- Ideal for anyone who spends too much of her/his time on a desk or in front of computer
- It is comfortable to use due to its optimizable angles
- It has near to silent operation thus you won’t disturb anyone
- You can track your fitness goals
- Uses Bluetooth to connect to a free mobile app that is available for both Android and iOS
- To some, the main drawback for this machine is the price since it is considerably expensive
- To some users also, high resistance setting in this machine is not as intense as it should be
5. Stamina ATS Air Rower Rowing Machine -(Best Rowing Machine for Seniors)
The Stamina Air Rower Machine is an affordable and effective exercising option for people of any age. The mechanism of this machine is interesting: it uses wind-resistance through a fan to deliver a smooth rowing.
The brand Stamina operates in the United States. Though it’s not a popular brand like Marcy, still the Stamina Air Rower Machine has gained the best-selling tag on it obviously for some valid reasons.
The air-resistance feature is what makes this machine unique from other models. It features a sturdy and durable steel frame. This machine has a highly padded seat which is very comfortable. Stamina ATS Air Rower Machine has a lot to offer to its owner at a low price point. Let’s take a look at its features:
- Stamina ATS Air Rower Machine has a wind resistance mechanism which set this machine apart from other exercise equipment. It offers you the smoothest rowing, by increasing the resistance you can kick up your workout intensity.
- Another perk of owning this machine is its easy storage. It is foldable so you can store it anywhere you want. Plus, this equipment is lightweight which makes it very portable.
- The seat of Stamina ATS Air Rower Machine is upholstered and extra padded. So, you can sit on it and work out comfortably without any kind of irritation.
- It comes with a monitor that shows the distance, calories burned, speed and resistance level. You will find very few machines that come with such a feature at a low price range.
- In order to ensure optimum stability, the manufacturer has also installed large footplates and rubber grips on them, so that they won’t move.
- This machine is made of heavy construction materials so it is highly durable and requires very low maintenance.
- It also features a large foot place where shoes of any size will fit. The foot strap will help to keep your foot in place while rowing.
- And lastly, the Stamina Air Rower Machine comes at a very low price range. You will barely find an effective exercise machine that offers so many features at such a price range.
- Easy storage and high durability
- Great stability
- Smooth rowing
- Unique wind resistance mechanism
- As this machine is chain driven, it makes little noise.
The Stamina Air Rower Machine will be a great catch for you if you are looking for something very effective at an affordable price tag. The only drawback of this machine is, it will make little noise as it is chain driven and that’s pretty obvious. Except that, all the features are very appealing. You won’t have to worry about the space, maintenance, and money. What else can you ask from a machine at such a low price?
6. Confidence Fitness Slim Vibration Machine –(Best Vibration Exercise Machine)
We always strive to get the best out of every exercise we do, but to some point, it will hit a plateau. This means at this point; there will be no more progression seen. Therefore, you will need to stimulate your body to gain better results. For this, you will need a full-body vibration machine, and the productive choice for this will be Confidence Slim Full Body Vibration Fitness.
A body vibration machine is a uniquely designed machine that works by adding extra stimulation to your exercise. The operation of this machine is based on a vibration therapy known as Biomechanical Stimulation (BMS). So, let’s learn more about some of its features as well as its pros and cons.
Quick interesting features:
- Compact weight and size. This machine weighs 62 pounds only, and its approximately 2½ foot square.
- LCD. Its display console comes with three in-built programs, easy to use and read, heart rate monitor and a convenient speed controls.
- Two wheels. On the front side of the machine, two easy-roll wheels help when moving the machine.
- Yoga straps. It also comes with two yoga straps that are attached to the front side.
- The console has a speed setting that ranges from 1-50.
- 21 by 15-inches vibration plate that is large enough for you to kneel, stand, or sit while exercising.
- It is easy to set up this machine.
- Works on your muscles and joints to improve their flexibility.
- Offers different vibrations intensities.
- It has a comprehensive user manual.
- Comes with a yoga straps.
- It is affordable.
- Despite its excellent performance, it is not quite sturdy as per some professionals’ comments
- It has less intense vibration as compared to the expensive models
7. CAP Barbell 150-Pound Dumbbell Set –(Best Home Dumbbell Set)
The best way to provide external resistance during physical activity is by using free weights. And some of the best examples of free weights are dumbbell, kettlebells, and barbells. CAP Barbells are among the best dumbbells in the market; they are versatile, efficient, and cost-effective exercise equipment. CAP Barbell 150 lb is made from a durable low-emission cast-iron metal construction and designed for brawn.
To prevent dumbbells from chipping, rust, and dents, they are fitted baked enamel coating. It comes with A-frame rack and ten-sided design that provides safe and secure storage as well as to prevent rolling. Enjoy this 150-Pound dumbbell Set with Rack at the comfort of your home, and more importantly, it is unisex-adult equipment.
The set consists of a pair of:
- 5-pound dumbbells
- 10-pound dumbbells
- 15-pound dumbbells
- 20-pound dumbbells
- 25-pound dumbbells
And also 2-tier 24-inch white dumbbell rack that helps in storing all five pairs
Quick interesting features:
- Compact design.Its design comprises of two-tier utility rack that is equipped with white powder for dumbbells storage. Bothe shelves are set in a way that they provide easy accessibility dumbbells. The lower shelve is set at an angle of about 45 degrees, while the upper one is horizontal/flat.
- Hex shaped.All the dumbbells feature an original hex shape design that prevents it from rolling.
- Ergo handles with medium-depth knurling. This feature provides safety by ensuring that handles provide a non-slip grip.
- Durable dumbbells. This dumbbell features a steel tubing rack furnished with a durable white powder coatto ensure durability and reliability.And to make it more sturdy, its handles are made from a 1018 cold-rolled steel chrome.
- Hex shape that increases safety by preventing rolling
- It is a more compact set as compared to many other dumbbells
- Knurling on the handles for sturdy grip
- Saves spaces due to its A-frame rack design
- Some may come with manufacturing flecks on the handles hence requiring extra polishing to smoothen it.
8. Vivora Luno Sitting Ball –(Best Exercise Ball Chair)
If you are looking for the best ball chair, then you should try Vivora Luno Sitting Ball. It is a powerful sitting ball chair solution that you can use at home, gym, office or any other place. This ball chair has combined several quality features to boost its sturdiness and reliability.
Most people like this ball chair because of its stylish design that suits modern tastes. Its unique design makes up for missing features such as bells and whistles. Its design also grants that softer look as well as boosting your posture and health. So, what are its outstanding features?
Quick interesting features:
- Universal. It is an ideal solution for a healthy lifestyle. Suits yoga, back stretching, ab engagement, therapy, posture workouts, physioball balance training practices, and flexible joints exercises.
- Patented.It has a self-standing base that is patented and can support a weight of up to 400lbs.
- Different sizes. This ball chair designs are available in max Luno and medium Luno. Therefore, you need to measure your chair before purchase (Max luno goes with 30″ chai, and mid luno goes with 26″).
- Stylish design
- Anti-burst ball
- Has activity setting that aids your posture and health
- Has more than one use (Universal)
- manual Inflation
- It has no armrest and back
9. XMark Lat Pulldown and Low Row Cable Machine XM-7618 -(Best Cable Exercise Machine)
XMark XM-7618 has a stable and sturdy construction. The base bar of this machine comes with a large pad for improved stability.
Before you get a wrong impression of this machine right after seeing the image, let me clear up something. The XMark XM-7618 Lat Pulldown Cable Machine looks bigger but it doesn’t require much space though, because it is tall. This Lat pull machine is highly durable and effective. You can do a bunch of exercises very simply with this machine.
- XMark XM-7618 has 11-gauge steel tubing frame and all the steel part has corrosion resistant powder coating in silver color. On the other hand, few parts such as the base frame, pulldown bar and guide rods have the chrome finish.
- Though it seems very large it’s actually not. It has a smaller footprint but for comfortable exercise, you should place it in a 7’ by 6’ area.
- It requires a higher ceiling, as it is tall. At least a room with 7’ ceiling would be suitable for this Lat pull machine.
- XMark XM-7618 has a stable and sturdy construction. The base bar of this machine comes with a large pad for improved stability.
- The seat is small but nicely cushion padded which means you will be very comfortable on that seat.
- It comes with flip-up diamond foot plate and the pull-down bar has textured rubber grip so that you can hold it better.
- From Lat, neck, close grip, one arm, straight arm pull-downs to hip abduction, all exercises can be done with this machine very easily.
- Heavy construction
- Highly durable
- Requires low maintenance
- Easy to assemble
- Comfortable seat
- No weight plate and ankle strap
The XMark XM-7618 Lat Pulldown Cable Machine is a very effective exercise equipment. It is suitable for people of any age. The only reason that might stop you from getting this is the ceiling height. Except that everything on this machine is super cool.
10. Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine Total Body Training Home Gym -(Best Home Gym for Seniors)
This machine is equipped with dual function leg toner, sealed bearing press bar, low pulley along with the footrest, crossovers, no weight squat rack, and several weight benches that make this equipment a one-man army.
The brand Marcy is well-known as a trusted and reliable exercise equipment manufacturer throughout the world. Almost every Marcy product has gained popularity and appreciation from their customers.
The Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine is a one-stop exercise station for all. You can perform almost all of the weight exercises with this machine. This workout machine will definitely require some space for a proper setup.
This machine is equipped with dual function leg toner, sealed bearing press bar, low pulley along with the footrest, crossovers, no weight squat rack, and several weight benches that make this equipment a one-man army. It has all the safety stoppers in order to avoid any kind of injuries. That’s why it is suitable for seniors too!
- One thing that everyone appreciates about this machine is its versatility. This exercise equipment will allow you to do more than 100 exercises comfortably. Moreover, it also ensures your safety through its safety stop feature.
- This machine comes with a cable crossover which is a highly effective upper body exercise. As cable runs very smoothly, this exercise is suitable for seniors too.
- Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine has a great design, plus, all the frames are highly durable. The whole setup is very stable. However, don’t forget to set up the machine on an even surface.
- It comes with a seated row foot plate which is slip resistant and very durable so that you can lift up heavyweights easily.
- This machine also offers weight plate storage pins that will ensure that the weight plate doesn’t fall off unexpectedly. However, you would need to purchase them separately.
- You’ll also get pull down bar, ankle strap, cable rope, rowing handle, and crossover handles with this exercise equipment.
- In the leg toning section, you will be able to tone your quad, hamstring and glute muscles. And the seat is also cushion padded so that you can exercise comfortably.
- The bench is adjustable which means that you will be able to adjust the bench as you want with just a pin.
- All in one workout machine
- Durable frames
- Very stable
- Safety stopper feature
- Highly Versatile
- Assembling is hard
- Requires large space
The Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine is undoubtedly a great exercise equipment to have in both home and gym. If you place it in your home, make sure that children can’t access this machine. As I said earlier, this equipment requires a large space and for assembling it you might need to take help from YouTube. If you are okay with that, I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t want to get this beast!
- Why do Seniors Need Exercise?
Exercises come with a tone of benefits to both juniors and seniors. Some of these benefits to seniors include a lower risk of heart disease, obesity, blood pressure, and improves bone density. Overall, regular exercise boosts your body’s general health.
- Is it safe for those with arthritis to exercise?
Yes. If you have arthritis, I recommend that you find a suitable exercise and be consistent with it. This is because it helps relieve pain by boosting blood circulation, thus reducing inflammation.
- Which is the best low impact exercise machine for seniors?
For this, I recommend trying Elliptical Cross Trainers. You will need to keep in mind that some will be full-body trainers while some will work on your lower body only. Full Body Vibration trainers are also known to be a lower impact machine, but their primary purpose is to increase blood flow in your body. Thus you will have to supplement it with other workout machines.
- How can I be sure my exercise equipment is safe?
I suggest you should always start by checking on the safety features and ratings of your equipment while purchasing it. Ensure that all safety features, ergonomic-friendly features, and other control features are working appropriately.
- How many types of exercise equipment should I purchase?
The no of exercise equipment you will buy will depend on your needs. I always recommend that you have at most one of each equipment and avoid buying equipment that does a similar task. Remember there are weight lose equipment, cardio equipment, blood floor equipment, and several other equipment
- How can I boost my heart rate while strengthening my bones and muscle?
Most of the equipment listed above does almost all these, but there is one that does it well. To boost your cardio health while strengthening your bones and muscle, try using Treadmill Equipment. They are suitable for adults since they offer variable intensity, thus allowing excellent workout experience.
Finally, we have come to an end of this buyer guide. I chose this 4 exercise equipment because users are satisfied with their performance. Also, all of these exercise machines are suitable for people of any age, no matter how old they are.
I hope this buyer guide will come in handy for you. If you have any kind of question, don’t forget to hit me up on the comment box below.
Last update on 2023-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API